Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes for Cleanroom, Lab, & Industrial Applications
Our Isopropyl Alcohol Wipes come in a variety of materials, sizes, and saturation levels. These wipes are presaturated with IPA and DI Water. Saturation levels range from 10% to 99% isopropyl alcohol. They are made only from non-shedding materials and are designed specifically for critical cleaning applications. Options available are suitable for a wide range of cleanrooms including ultra-critical controlled environments (ISO 3-4) to less-critical (ISO 7-8).
Alcohol Wipes in this category are packaged in convenient resealable tubs, bags, or pouches. They are designed to provide a quick and easy method of wiping as opposed to dry wipes used with spray bottle IPA. For options not listed on this page and custom requests, please contact us. Read More
Alcohol Wipe Applications & Common Uses
According to the CDC two studies have demonstrated that 70% isopropyl alcohol successfully disinfected surfaces in a controlled environment.
Common uses for alcohol wipes in a controlled environment
- Wiping stainless steel, plastic, glass, and other hard surfaces within a lab or controlled environment
- Removal of solutions such as disinfectants, adhesives, residues, etc.
- Cleaning notebooks, phones, and any other supplies within the cleanroom
Proper Wiping with an Alcohol Wipe
The first step to proper alcohol wipe usage is selecting the correct wipe. There are various sizes, materials, and saturation levels so be sure to choose one that’s appropriate for your surface and application.
Smaller size wipes (4″ x 4″ or 6″ x 6″) are good for removing particles from smooth surfaces. Larger wipes (12″ x 12″ and larger) can be quarter folded to create 8 absorbent layers.
Follow these steps when wiping surfaces with an alcohol wipe
- Wipe in one direction using parallel, overlapping strokes starting from the cleanest area and wiping towards the least clean area. Do not wipe in circular motions.
- Use a clean wiper surface for each wiping stroke.
- Dispose contaminated wipes after single use.